The National Disaster Response Force
- The general superintendence, direction and control of the Force shall vest in the NDMA
The National Disaster Response Fund & The National Disaster Mitigation Fund
- The response fund will be made available to the NEC and the mitigation fund to the NDMA.
- Besides, every ministry shall make provisions in its annual budget, for funds for actions set out in its disaster management plans.
Other Salient Features of the Act
- The Central Government can issue directions to any authority (union or state) to assist in disaster management.
- Any officer or authority shall have to make available such manpower as requested by NEC, SEC or DDMA.
- If it appears to the NEC, SEC or DDMA that provisions of any rule regulation etc. need to be made or amended for purposes of prevention and mitigation of disasters, it may require to do so.
- The NDMA, the SDMA or a DDMA may recommend to the Government to give direction to any person in control of any media or means of communication to carry out any warnings or advisories regarding disasters.
- The NDMA shall prepare an annual report to the Central Government which shall cause it to be laid before Parliament.
- Actions taken under this law will be immune from court challenges.